Saturday, August 18, 2012

Adopt a kitten, get some sweet corn!

Is anybody out there looking for a new pet? I know some kitties that need good homes!

You know you want to take me home. 

My aunt and uncle live on a farm near Hartville Ohio that is a magnet for stray cats. We adopted our Jasper kitty from my aunt two winters ago. The other strays decided they weren't going to let him near the food she'd set out, or on the porch to keep warm. She'd run the dryer with nothing in it so that he could huddle under the vent outside. Needless to say, his life at our house is now much cushier, and he only has to put up with one 19 year old cat who is the definition of the word crotchety (her hatred of the new cat has given her extra pep, I swear. She was much less active before Jasper came, now she's all full of energy to hiss and torment).  He is currently sprawled in the middle of my bed, taking up as much room as possible.

As my brother says, my uncle farms the vegetables and my aunt has a cat farm. There are lots of stray cats that have ended up at my aunt and uncle's farm, and it would be wonderful if some of them could find homes before it gets cold out. In particular, she's worried about these three gray cuties, all siblings, one boy and two girls, probably 4 or 5 months old. They were born in the duck barn and sleep there every night with the ducks (who are not exactly pleased with the arrangement).

Frolicking in the garden. 


Hide and seek.

My aunt calls them her Peaweeds, and they come streaking across the yard to get put away every night. The ducks also come when she calls, but at a much more sedate waddle. The gray kitties are very playful, and my aunt can pick them up and cuddle with them. It's pretty adorable.

Look into my eyes and take me home. 

I spy a little gray kitty who needs a good home.


None of these cats have had their shots or been fixed, but you get a free dozen ears of sweet corn with each cat you take home! Well, that part may not be true, but I can certainly get you some produce I'm sure. I'll even deliver the kittens to you, as long as you're within reasonable driving distance from Ohio. 

Not only are they cute, but also thrifty! A plastic bottle cap is just as good as any fancy toy from the pet store. 

Treat time in the duck barn. 

This callico is also very much looking to be a house cat, she tries to sneak into the house every chance she gets. However, with 6 cats already inside, my aunt has drawn the line at any more coming in. Not sure how old she is, perhaps a year or so.

I don't know who you are, but I suppose I will allow you to take my photograph. 

All cats, even strays, know how to sit like royalty. 

If anyone out there is interested, let me know and I'll hook you up with some extremely grateful kitties! 

No comments:

Post a Comment